Friday 15 September 2017

A Surprise | Jess Claire | Pretty My Page



Hi guys its Jess here with a quick and easy travellers notebook layout. I was lucky enough to receive an awesome stencil from Pretty My Page its got these super cool cog patterns and I totally love it. It's the perfect size for a travelers notebook.

I used some texture paste and some acryclic paint. My tools are all very cheap, paste from Amazon and paint from lidl as I'm still dipping my toe in the world of mixed media. Lisa had also sent me some really cute enamel dots in my favourite peach and pink colours. They even sparkle. I knew I wanted to use them so I made up some similar colours for my texture paste. I don't yet have a spreader so I just used a handy gift card to spread it.



Once I had done that on the left side of the page I used the stencil as a stamp by placing it on the right hand side with the painted side down. I really like the look of both the insides and outsides of the stencil shape. I looked through my box of photos to scrap and found one of my from my childhood when I got my first mobile phone, a Nokia 31.10 and I liked the idea of pairing the cogs with a photo of some gadget. And my top has some of the red/pink/orange colours in too.



I added some DIY embellishments, those beautiful enamel dots, some black clear stamps (I love how they look on top of paint) and some hand lettering in black gel pen. To the side I added some sequins for an added bit of sparkle. Because the stencil and mixed media was such a big part of the page the rest came together really quickly.



The Pretty My Page website went live on Monday evening so you can go and check it out.
 The re-launch is with a new focus on Mixed Media to compliment the die cuts that Lisa has been working on. As a UK Scrap Addicts reader you can get 10% off your purchases with the code  UKSA10 


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...