Saturday 8 July 2017

Guest Designer - Essie Peck

The first of our July guests is the lovely Essie...

Hi, I'm Essie (Esther) and I was so pleased to be asked to guest design for UK Scrap Addicts, thank you for having me!  I have been crafting in one form or another my whole life and discovered scrapbooking in about 1998 through Creative Memories.  I live with my partner Pete in a small rural town in Suffolk.  We have recently moved house giving me a bigger craft space, luckily Pete is very tolerant of my paper addiction and messy spare room!  I design and teach for Go Go Getaway and my favourite things are messy mixed media techniques and rubber stamping. 





I started with an 8x6 photo taken on our recent holiday to Benidorm, having decided on where I would place my photo on the background paper I applied some gesso with my finger over a slightly larger area, and once dry stuck down the photo.  I then applied more gesso overlapping the edges of the photo.  I applied Ranger texture paste (opaque matt) through a stencil along three edges of the photo and then also added Golden Glass bead gel randomly.




Once dry I used geletos to add colour to the gesso/paste/bead gel, trying to co-ordinate with the colours in the photo and blending with a tiny amount of water and my finger.  Over the gelatos I applied generous amounts of stickles in matching colours - can never have too much sparkle!  Before the stickles along the bottom edge dried I added some mica flakes.  I then splattered some gold and white ink (white was Dylusions, gold was borrowed from a friend and I can't remember the brand sorry). 


Once all this was dry it was a case of adding the title, journalling strips, heart embellishments and a few Nuvo drops. 




Thanks for joining us Essie!  You can find more of Essie's work here:
blog, pinterest, instagram.

If you fancy guest designing for us drop us an email to ukscrapaddicts@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...