Monday 17 December 2018

Lisa-Jane Johnson | Grab 5 | Dream Big, Sleepy Head

Hi there scrappy friends, it's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here today with my take on the Grab 5 challenge.  I grabbed a handful of things that were near to me after I'd created some layouts with the Simple Stories Dream big collection so I have a sticker sheet and some patterned papers as two of my items.  I also added in enamel dots and Distress Oxides plus I already had the very old pink letter stickers on my desk too.  


I'd been really inspired by some of the lovely rainbow layouts that I've been busy pinning from Pinterest including some by our lovely team here at UK Scrap Addicts, so I decided to try and create my own.  However I made a total blunder and for some reason I coloured the background in the order of the rainbow in the song instead of ROYGBIV.  The result is pretty awful.  The colours are all clashy and didn't want to blend because they were so contrasting, even after a spritz with water. 


BUT... I didn't want to waste the piece that I had created.  So, I pinched an idea from Terri Morris on the Pretty My Page blog where she'd used this pre-cut cut file designed by Paige Taylor-Evans.  It pushes the colours into the background a bit to make them less intense and just give a more subtle idea of the rainbow.  



 With a colourful and textured background like this, not much else is needed.  I layered my photo onto a couple of pieces of patterned paper and then added a few stickers from the same collection.


I wanted to embrace all the sleepy and dreamy bits so I combined the letter stickers with a phrase sticker for my title.  Of course I had to add my normal enamel dots too.

As always we'd love to see your Grab 5 challenge entries too!

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...