Monday 28 September 2020

Walk in the Woods | Amy Kattenbelt | Lisa Fonseca Style

 Hello UK Scrap Addicts,

Amy here, sharing my Lisa Fonseca style layout. I have to admit, this pushed me outside my comfort zone and really got me thinking. In the end I went for a paper pieced fox that I created out of 4 pieces of card and a black pen.
With my fox created, I let it lead it my other choices. I picked a woodland themed photo, and a warm earthy colour palette. I used my current favourite technique using Ecoline watercolour inks to create a band of horizontal colour across a piece of white cardstock.
In between creating this layout, i dropped a large container that had some old stash in. Whilst picking it all up, I came across the beige fabric sample and thought the colours would work well, so I layered under my photo (which I double matted using the same card as the I made my fox from). In the same tin were these reddish brown metal frame and word pieces, again a great match for my colour scheme. 

I matched these old odd bits of stash with some brand new gold puffy oak leaf stickers. My title was created from a home made 'walk' die cut and some alpha stickers from a Simple Stories Colour Vibes book. 
In the end, I love how this theme made me try something new, and the discovery that using one large focal embellishment (the fox) and a pretty mixed media background is an easy and fun way to create a beautiful layout. We would love to see your layouts over on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram if you’ve played along this month?


Thanks for coming to take a closer look at my layout. We are excited to share with you Octobers theme, so pop back soon!

Take care, and stay safe,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...