Thursday 29 October 2020

Fun | Amy Kattenbelt | Monochrome

 Hello UK Scrap Addicts, Amy here today to share my example Monochrome layout. I've decided to use Green as my colour, and have gone for a mixed media based layout as I love creating these style of layouts in Monochrome.

I used a fee shades of Distress Oxides pads in various greens, especially my favourite green called Cracked Pistachio. I used both the packaging technique and also a sponge applicator through a stencil. I also used the Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide Spray to make some splatters (I had to let this dry overnight!). I also used my finger to make smudgy shapes with the darker share of green ink.


To add more texture and details I ripped up tiny slithers of a green triangle patterned washi tape and randomly stuck them to my background vertically.
I used a Bramble Fox leaf die to cut various scraps of green patterned paper and layered them up, mainly at the bottom right corner of my photo. I also used the diagonal net type die in a green paper behind my photo.


I pulled out random pieces of ephemera and stickers in matching green shades and added them to the layout. I added my title from green stickers. I finished the layout off with some little green gems
Thanks for coming to take a closer look at my Monochrome layout, they are really fun to create and a great way to use up scraps and random ephemera.
Take care, and stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...