Sunday 1 November 2020

Wanderlust | Claire (ScrappyNerdUK) | Large Photo


Hey everyone.

It's the start of a new month which means a new theme and this month we are focusing on scrapping using larger photos. We're not talking just a little bigger than normal - we are going really big!! A4 in fact!!

I decided to scrap a photo that had lots of "white space" in order for me to be able to use this space to add my embellishments to. This is important when working with larger photos so you are not limited by the small amount of space you will have left once you have added your photo to your background paper or cardstock.


I used some Thickers from Vicki Boutin that had a black outline to help make the title stand out on the busy wordy background paper and lined them up vertically along the side of my photo. 

This works really well as the words on the background paper were a mixture of horizontal and vertical orientation already so this really fit well with the style of the patterned paper. And it worked best for the space for my title.




Next I set to work on the embellishment cluster. I used the "white space" within the photo to be able to embellish. I used the Go The Scenic Route collection from Paige Evans for this layout as it is travel themed but decided I would use the floral ephemera to build up behind the big globe chipboard piece. 

From there I added some puffy word stickers underneath and stopped when I got to the horizon of where the sea met the sand in the photo. 

I love how the cluster interacts with the title but doesn't distract from it and the embellishment cluster really links the photo into the title into the patterned paper. 

And here is the finished layout. I really love how this all came together. There is a process video over on our YouTube channel and would love if you would go and take a look there too. 

Be sure to also head on over to our Facebook group where you can join in the monthly challenges! 


Thanks for reading

Claire x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...