Thursday 27 February 2020

Little Stories | Kirei Baldwin | Use More Than One Collection

Hi UK Scrap Addicts!

It's Kirei here with a layout for this month's challenge which was to use more than one collection. I like many of you probably do tend to just stick to the same collection as it is easy to match up papers and embellishments so I liked this challenge!



I pulled out Pink Paislee's 'Again and Again' collection which went well with the photo of me with an owl... and then looked through my stash to see what else worked with this collection. I still had some bits left from the Crate Paper Maggie Holmes 'Heritage' collection and it was perfect as it had similar muted colours.

First I stuck three strips of papers from the two collections down the left side of the layout, distressing the edges as I went. I also used a mix of patterned papers to back my photo and then attached that to the layout using foam pads on the top edge.

Then I built up embellishment clusters to each side of my photo and above it using lots of ephemera and stickers from both collections.



To finish off I included some journaling on a couple of labels, and then added a title from the coordinating sticker set. As you can see I had the perfect ephemera to go with my photo!




Why don't you check out what the rest of the Creative team have come up with this month, there's lots of fab inspiration for using more than one collection and it's a great way to use up that stash! Also join us over on the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page where you can share your layouts. Thanks for looking and I'll see you next month!

Happy Scrapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...