Saturday 29 February 2020

Totally Awesome | Amy Kattenbelt | More than one collection

Hi UK Scrap Addicts, Amy here sharing my layout that uses more than one collection.

This isnt something I often do these days, I find it far quicker and easier to work with just one collection at a time. But combining collections allows for more creativity and can really make your layouts unique.

I chose to use the 'boys rule' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio along with the Kaleidoscope collection by Vicki Boutin. I was careful in selecting papers from the same colour family - namely blues and greens. This made the job of combining the collections work well.


I feel I pretty much used half of one collection and half of the other, neither dominates the layout. I used little pops of bright magenta pink from the Vicki Boutin collection along with the pale grey starburst paper from Boys Rule.


I picked 3 circular elements, even though two are from one collection and one from the other, and added a little butterfly sticker to each.

Distressing the edges and using my tiny attacher to add some staples adds a little bit of detail on to a fairly simple layout.

I have created a process video over on the UKSA YouTube channel where you can watch this layout come together.

I hope over the last month we have inspired you to try to step out side of the comfort zone of single collection layouts and try to mix things up a bit. We will be back with you at the start of March with a new themed challenge. In the mean time why dont you head over to our Facebook group for more inspiration and also share your creations with us.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...