Saturday 16 January 2021

Everyday Life | Karen Moss | Recycled Elements

 Hi - Karen here with my page for this month's challenge, which is to use recycled elements on your project.  I think I have taken this to the extreme!


On this page I have used a piece of a white pizza box cut to 12 x 12 for my background, tearing some areas to reveal the brown corrugated card beneath.  I have also used tissue that Christmas presents and craft orders were wrapped in to make tissue paper flowers (details on my process video).  White card from the packaging of a new pair of shoes, cut into leaves with my BigShot and dies.  I made a shaker out of a tag, some clear packaging from a packet of enamal stars.  I filled my shaker with the 'circle waste' from a hole punch and some beads and finally my journaling card is the packaging from some flair.

I did make sure that my photo was mounted onto a piece of patterned paper so that the recycled elements didn't touch it as I knew they weren't photo friendly and used some stickers, made for scrapbooking, on the areas that my corner cluster overlapped my photo.

I stand by my claim that this is the ultimate recycled project as the only stash I have used is a 6.5 x 4.5 scrap of patterned paper and a few stickers!

If you would like to see exactly how I made the flowers, and shaker element pop over to our YouTube channel and have a look at my process video. 

Please show us your take on using a large photo on a page on our Instagram feed or our Pinterest board.

There are more pages that our talented DT have made on there too. 

Take care and stay safe

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...