Friday 24 March 2017

Say Cheese! | Lisa-Jane | Multiple Photos

Hello lovelies!  I've been patiently waiting for my turn to share my first layout for UK Scrap Addicts and here we are!  I'm so pleased and honoured to be part of this amazing team promoting UK designers and craft businesses and I hope you are enjoying all the inspiration so far.

So I thought I'd start with a confession...  I can't dismiss photos.  Even when they are virtually identical.  If I take lots of pictures of an event trying to get a handful of good ones, I can never decide which ones to actually print.  So I print them all intending to sift them when I see them in the flesh.  And then I can't...  This means many of my pages need to have room for more than one photo - enter the double page spread!


I get my photos printed in bulk once a month using one of the on-line deals such as Snapfish on Living Social.  This means that prints work out to less than 2p per print including postage so I don't feel like I'm wasting money if I don't end up using the image after all.  I'm teaching myself to be really ruthless with my photos and not try and scrap every single one of them so I quickly write "spare" on the back and then give them to my little girl to scrap or send them to relatives (thanks to the lovely Shimelle Laine for that tip).     However I still end up with far too many pictures of certain events.  I choose some of the best ones to do single pages and tell the bulk of the story and then I squeeze the rest onto either double pages or side by side pages.


With many people using the D Ring scrapbook albums, the layouts don't fit together snugly when you open the pages.  This means that a true double page spread doesn't need to have the lines matching up across the whole format as they tend to be seen more separately by the eye.


While they may not be 12x24 in format, there are a few tricks to help the eyes see them as two parts of one whole.  Here I've used the same papers in similar proportions on both sides and echoed the embellishments just as you would if it was all on the same page.


On the first side I've matted the white die-cut background from my shop onto a thin black cardstock border.  On the facing page I've matted the black patterned paper onto a thin white cardstock background and added the negatives from the die-cuts.


Both pages have very similar clusters of embellishments to draw the eye across the whole 24 inch canvas - enamel dots, bottle top flairs, stickers and a smidge of washi tape.


I really loved using the new Say Cheese III collection from Simple Stories for these pictures of my children playing rugby as they match their strips wonderfully.  There's actually very little in the kits that I can't use because it is too Disney specific, I even managed to use the "Goofy" stickers for these pictures!

Don't forget to add #UKScrapaddicts to any posts on social media if any of our layouts have inspired you - we'd love to see what you've been creating too!

Until my next post, bye for now!
x

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...