Tuesday 14 March 2017

We are Family | Kirsteen | Multiple Photos

Hello, it's Kirsteen here with my first UK Scrap Addicts blog post. Today I'm sharing a quick home decor project with you using multiple photos.


I set out to create a home decor project for my Mother-in-law including photos of her six Grandchildren.

Inspired by Beth's Totes Aborbs layout I decided to create two 12x12 layouts with three photos on each page. I selected six photos, cropped and converted them to black and white (the top left photo is far too dark - lesson learned - make sure your photos don't need to be lightened before printing). I ordered six 4x4 prints from Truprint last and they arrived in two days.


I placed three boys on one page and three girls on the other. They are arranged by age in a clockwise order as well.


After much faffing with a steel rule, I was happy with the placement of the photos. I might have just been unlucky but my 4x4 prints from Truprint weren't quite 4x4 more 4x {just a little bit smaller than} 4 which made placing them on the page a little tricky.


I added two 4x4 cards from a Simple Stories Family Sn@p Pack (I trimmed them down to match the slightly wonky photo sizes) and some of the die cut pieces from the Sn@p Pack using foam pads. I picked up the Sn@p Pack in my local TK Maxx for a bargain £2.99. I purposely didn't add too many embellishments as I wanted the photos to be the main focus. I layed some of the die cut pieces to give a little depth and a little embellishment in three clusters across the two pages.


I framed the pages in two white Ribba Frames from Ikea (they are £9 each). This is the trickiest part, anyone who has tried to frame a 12x12 layout in one of these frames will feel my pain.




I hope you've enjoyed my quick home decor project today, thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love these Kirsteen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, nearly brought my mother-in-law to tears when I gave her the frames this morning :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...