Tuesday 26 December 2017

Christmas Journal 2017 / Jackie Ashton / Festive Scrapbooking

Hello scrappers, Jackie here, how was your Christmas Day? I do hope you have all had a wonderful time and got some fab presents.

Why not grab a cuppa and have a catch up with my blogpost.

I’m sharing a few of my 2017 Christmas Journal pages.   I decided this year to do a 12 x 6 album which is a completely different size for me, and one I found so easy to do and keep up with  The album is a We R Memory Keepers one, and is blue, which hasn’t bothered me yet, as it not the traditional Christmas colour that you can see on line.

 I started by  prepping for my album at my October crop, by making the date markers, and cutting some of the 12x12 sheets down to size.






 I decided this year to do a 12 x 6 album which is a completely different size for me, and one I found so easy to do.  The album is a We R Memory Keepers one, and is blue, which hasn’t bothered me yet, as it not the traditional Christmas colour.  As well as the 12 x 6 pages, I've also added divided pages.



My albums is a mixture of Christmas prompts and December daily events throughout December, so some days I have added extra filler pages as I wanted to include more photographs and journalling to document what we have been unto.  I've also done some filler pages, like this one 'Red Cup' that doesn't particularly have a place within the month activities but one I wanted to include in the album.



 As you will see from my pages. I’ve used a variety of patterned papers, some new, some old, some Christmas theme and some everyday theme, and I so happy with how it give a different perspective to the album so far.  I did purchase a Christmas Kit, which had a complete mix of patterned papers and embellishments and I used this and more from my stash.


I've also when needed added more than one page and included more photographs, when I wanted to document a particular event, like my 1st of the month, when my friend Julie took me to see 'STEPS' for my birthday, it ended up being 3 sides - a 12 x 6 and both sides of the divided pocket pages opposite.




Then for the 2nd I included the announcement that I had been chosen for the 'Scrap the Boys' DT team ... I'm super excited




4th - wrapping - Christmas prompt regarding wrapping paper and also additional photo of me and James visit to Starbucks.





 We had snow, and quite a lot of it, which lasted a few days, so for the 8th, 9th, 10th & 11th  - I added snow photographs to a more than one of the pages, and also added additional pages for these days which had some general December daily entries.






7th - A divided protector for this entries and I spread the one entry over the 3 pockets.




15th - visiting my lovely friend Sue, with Barbara and Julie ended up with us taking some fab selfies in various Christmas headgear.



 I’ve surprised myself by keeping up and hoping that I can complete the pages until the end of the year.  And pleased now full my albums is looking.



Thanks for stopping by, and see you next year

Happy New Year to your all



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...