Sunday 3 June 2018

Delightful Day | Terri Morris | One 6x4 Photo

Well here we are in the 6th month of the year, seems like only yesterday we were celebrating new year. I'm desperately trying to use up some of my older stash (so I have an excuse to buy more!). This month we are focusing on using a 6x4 photo on our layout. The current trend seems to be very much in favour of using smaller photos (3x4 or 4x4) so it was a nice change to be challenged to use this size.


I added some gesso to the wordy patterned paper and added water colour and mists to the background using the packaging technique although much of it is actually covered by the photo and ephemera.


I've never quite known what to do with the pompoms from the Maggie Holmes 'Carousel' collection but grouping three together in a few areas on this layout gave it some much needed texture. 


I added lots of layers of paper, chipboard, puffy stickers and stamping to create groupings of embellishment around the main photo. I've used a few random pieces like the big wheel but as it was a Museum of Illusion I thought it fitted in quite nicely with the story I was telling.


Thanks for visiting the blog today and don't forge to show us your layouts on our Scrap Addicts Facebook Group or by tagging us on Instagram.

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...