Sunday 17 November 2019

Best Friend | Karen Moss | Masculine Layout

Hello, Karen here with my masculine layout for this month's challenge.

It is rare for me to make a layout that doesn't feature females or flowers or pretty things so this was quite a change for me.  I decided to try for a grungy feel and dug out my Infusions - coloured powders that are activated with water.  Also to accentuate the masculine/grungy feel I planned on using my Tim Holtz crackle paste.


I am really thrilled with the effect that I achieved using these together. I started by laying down a triangle of the Infusions powders in shades of yellow and blue.  I then added some texture using a clock face stencil and crackle texture paste.


I added some strips of paper both vertically and horizontally and mounted my photo onto three pieces of paper, which I 'roughed up' with my finger nail. 

The cogs on my page were cut from an old pizza box and I peeled some of the paper off to reveal the ridges underneath then added some texture paste and inked them with some brown ink. 



I have a process video here which shows how the page was made. 

We would love to see your masculine pages over on our Facebook Page or Instagram feed

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...