Wednesday 5 June 2019

#26 years | Sheena Rowlands | Mixed Media

Hi there UK Scrap Addicts x  Sheena here again.

Our challenge this month is Mixed Media.  In case mixed media is not something you are familiar with here is a definition ...
Mixed media is a termed to describe artworks composed from a combination of different media or materials.

This got me thinking that I wanted to create something a little different for this challenge .

#26 Years.

I wanted too make my own college paper.
To start off I gathered lots of patterned papers from Love themed ranges in shades of pinks, reds and blues. I tore them into small pieces and glued them on to a piece of cardstock in a random way.This is very therapeutic and a great way to use up scraps. I added pieces of doily and after letting it dry I added machine sewing to add texture.


From this college paper I then cut a series of hearts to use on my layout. I have plenty left over & I'm already thinking of how I can use it on another layout. I then added a circle of watercolour paint on my background cardstock, added a few splatters and then machine sewed on top of this once it was dry.


I used a sketch by as the basis for this page by Ashley Horton. I finished my page with a Thickers title, stamped sentiments and a few heart embellishments.


I hope you feel inspired to try some Mixed Media on your next layout.
Please share it with us on our UK Scrap Addicts Facebook group.

Till next time x






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...