Saturday 15 June 2019

Happy | Charissa Barlow (Guest Designer) | Mixed Media

We're pleased to have Charissa join us as Guest Designer this month for our theme of Mixed Media.

Over to you Charissa.....

Hey everyone, Charissa here.

The Mixed Media theme was perfect for an idea I had using the June Mind the Scrap kits. I used texture paste through a Heidi Swapp word stencil to create my background. I wasn't happy with the colour of my texture paste so allowed the paste to dry and put the stencil back into position and applied gesso through it to whiten up the words. I was much happier with this result. Once this was dry I then added some splashes of Heidi Swapp Colour Shine in gold. I love how the words pop from the back ground. 








I created a border on the left using papers from Paige Evans Horizon collection and Crate Papers All Heart collection. These papers also featured underneath my photo as layers along with some green cardstock.








I then built a cluster around my photo with the All Heart die cut ephemera. To create some dimension and lift I used foam pads under some of the pieces of ephemera and added some twine from my stash into the tag. I then coloured some Moxy stickers with some navy Heidi Swapp Colour Shine and tucked these into the clusters. It was all finished off with some sprinkling bits from Pink Paislees new Indigo and Ivy collection. And not forgetting the date stamp!!











Charissa x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...