Saturday 1 June 2019

Major Heart Eyes | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Mixed Media

I have a love hate relationship with Mixed Media. I love how it looks but hate how messy I get! So this months theme of Mixed Media really put my outside my comfort zone....

For someone that has all the supplies to create some wonderful Mixed Media layouts, I really shy away from it but I wanted to try and create a page that used Mixed Media techniques but took very little time to do.

So I grabbed a Distress Oxide ink in Worn Lipstick and dragged the ink pad from the outer part of the white cardstock to about half way across the page.

I added 2 of these strips, 1 from left to right at the top and another from right to left at the bottom of the page.

These were going to be for my photos to ground to and also provided me a place to put my title.

I matted my photos onto white card and layered them in a wonky fashion over each other on the bottom strip.

I chose to print my photos in black and white for this layout as there were so many colours in the picture that using black and white really helps to tone down the whole layout and stops the colours from clashing against papers or embellishments used.

I used no patterned paper on this layout at all as I wanted the mixed media to do all of the hard work.

I also used numerous different collections for the embellishments and the butterflies gave the layout some depth, the glittered hearts gave it some texture and the yellow stars helped me to move the yellow from the butterfly around the page.

And here is the final layout. I finished with a flurry of black ink splatters and was happy with the end result.

So if you're not one for mixed media - this is definitely an easy one for you to give a go.


See you next time!!

Claire xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...