Tuesday 4 June 2019

Loving Every Second | Di Willcox | Mixed Media

Good morning! It's Di here with my mixed media layout for the month of June.

Mixed media is a bit of a 'Marmite' moment for some people and I fall in to the love it category, although I do love a bit of a clean background too. I've got so many different mediums for creating mixed media backgrounds so my first decision was which materials to use...



So I chose my art crayons and a Vicki Boutin stencil. 
I started of by scribbling a crayon onto some packaging and spritzing it with water before dabbing it onto my white cardstock. Once I was happy with the coverage and colour blends I used a dauber sponge and applied the dry crayon colours through the stencil. To help it blend I dab my sponge onto a wet wipe between applications just to add a little bit of dampness, without getting it too wet, otherwise it could cause the card to peal/ rip. Lastly, I added a few splashes with a watercolour brush.


Once the background was dry I matted my photo and added some paper layers from the Amy Tangerine 'Stay Sweet' paper pad and used floral embellishments and hearts from Paige Taylor Evans/ Pink Paislee's 'Horizon' collection. I also doodled a border around the edge of the page to bring it all together.
And here is the finished page....

There is also a process video, here, if you would like to see how this page came together.

Don't forget to share your mixed media layouts with us on Facebook and tag @ukscrapaddicts on Instagram!

Di x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...