Sunday 9 June 2019

Living a colourful life | Stephanie Squires | Mixed Media




Hello all and welcome to this months blog post!

So this months challenge is "Mixed Media" I've gone easy with the mixed media as this is a real challenge for some so I was cautious and I've (hopefully) shown that a little texture paste can add depth to your page and to use mixed media you do not need to add a colour explosion!



I started by trimming my white card stock down to an 11 inch square and then with a stencil that has chevrons, dots and stripes on it I laid it on my page and with a plastic palette knife scraped white Ranger opaque paste all over the stencil.  I done this twice leaving about 3/4 of my page covered in paste.  I set it aside and washed my stencil and palette knife immediately as it can be quite tricky to get off if you leave it on for too long.



I gutted a piece of circle card leaving a one inch boarder and sticking my now textured card on to it.  I cut a large banner out of some grey chevron paper and places that off centre towards the left of the page.



I mounted my photos into some cardboard photo mounts that I had bought an age ago from Typo and where there wasn't photos I used grey and pick card to infill the gaps.  Once this was completed I staggered them across the banner on foam risers.  I found a lovely perspective from Bramble Fox which I backed in the border paper and popped that in the bottom right hand corner.



I used some thickers to create part of the title and a chipboard accent from Pink Paislee for the other part.  I used some more chipboard accents from the fancy free collection from Pink Paislee to complete my page.

Thank you so much for reading....until next month :o) happy scrapping...

Steph xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...