Tuesday 30 July 2019

April Flowers | Kirei Baldwin | Sewing

Hi UK Scrap Addicts!

Kirei here with my layout for this month's theme which was sewing (hand or machine). Now I do like stitching on a layout as I love the texture it adds so this was right up my street!


I know for some people it's a love or hate technique... but even just a little bit can add some great detail and focus to a layout. I often do my hand-stitching in front of the TV so it doesn't feel too time consuming and having your sewing machine on hand and ready to go can also help encourage use!

I wanted to do something a little different so when I was looking for a paper collection to use from my stash I found the lovely all over floral paper from the Crate Paper 'All Heart' collection that had some great hand drawn type details that were calling out to be hand-stitched. I firstly fussy cut the large floral design around the edges as I wanted to mount it onto coloured cardstock for dimension.


Then all I needed to do was prick some holes along some of the stems and other small details and I was ready to go. As I knew I was going to use a photo in the centre of my layout I focused all of my stitching to the outer sections of the paper. Once I was finished the stitching I added foam pads to the back of the patterned paper and stuck it to a sheet of coral cardstock. I then used some of the lovely matching transparent floral stickers and stuck them down just under each of the edges of the floral paper. 


I matted my photo onto five of the coordinating patterned papers and distressed the edges before sticking down. I added a few more of the floral stickers to the top left and bottom right of my photo. I actually stuck the stickers to some white card first and cut out so that you could see the detail more. I tucked in a couple of the metal star charms to the floral clusters.


I added some journaling to one of the transparent stickers that I mounted onto white card and then finished off with a title using the lovely glitter and rose gold matching Thickers.


Hopefully all of the Creative Team's layouts this month have inspired you to try some stitching if you haven't done so before.... or even try it in a different way if you do already like to stitch on a layout! Don't forget to share your layouts over on the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page as we love to see what you create!

Thanks for looking and happy scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...