Wednesday 24 July 2019

She Believed | Keighley Brennan | Sewing

Hey UKSA, Keighley here today sharing my layout for this months theme of sewing. I love handstitching on my layouts, I love the texture it adds to a page weather it’s a large background piece or just little details. 


I decided to use a cutfile as a template for my handstitching, this is something I use to do often before I got my silhouette, there’s lots of free cutfiles out there and this is a fab way to use them if you don’t have a cutting machine. I used the print out as a guide for poking my holes first and then kept it to hand to refer back to whilst I was sewing. My sewing took just over a day on and off but I feel that the end result was well worth the time it took. 


I finished off my adding a couple of embellishments and a photo of my daughter Darcie. 


You can watch my layout process here on the UKSA YouTube Channel

Please take a look at the UKSA Facebook group where there’s lots of sewing inspiration from the team aswell as the group members, as always the album is full of stunning scrappy loveliness.
Thank you for stopping by 
Keighley 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...