Sunday 14 July 2019

Be Bright | Sarah Costain | Sewing

Hi it's Sarah here today with a summery layout using this months theme of sewing.

I decided to do one of my favourite techniques of stitched ribbon ruffles. The ribbon is seam binding which comes in loads of colours and works brilliantly at adding texture. I created an ombre sunny glow behind my ribbons with distress oxides and added a few splashes of shimmery ink.


For my papers and embellishments I used a summery kit from my stash by Mind The Scrap. There was a lovely ombre paper which complemented the sunburst perfectly.


My photo was taken at a seaside fair so I surrounded the photo with fairground and beachy themed stickers, tucking some in the layers and adding some on top or popped up on foam to add more dimension.


Finally I added some glasses to the sun and enamel dots and puffy stickers in amongst the stickers.



You can check out the process video here for more details.


Thanks for joining me and have a Happy Scrappy day :)

Sarah
ManxyCatCrafts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...