Wednesday 23 August 2017

Guest Designer | Emily Grant

I'm delighted to share today's guest designer with you... I'm a fan!  Welcome, Emily Grant...

Hey crafters! I’m Emily, I’m 23 and I live in Doncaster. I’ve been scrapping for about 8 years now. I love to stitch and use mixed media. I’m inspired a lot by Inkie Quill, Missy Whidden and Paige Evans!  The best place to follow me is on Instagram.



I created my layout using the ‘Oasis’ collection by Crate Paper. I had to include some clustering on my layout so I immediately thought of the ephemera pack.  The picture is of my boyfriend and I on our 7-year anniversary.  We had a few days in Liverpool and it was fab. 




I chose the background paper because I’m obsessed with flamingos!  I cut a strip of Shimelle ‘Little By Little’ chevron paper to stick down one side, stuck it down and painted on gesso in the area my picture would sit.  On the right of the chevrons, I hand stitched gold thread.  I applied gold Nuvo embellishment mousse through a Prima stencil, and once dry I used the packaging technique on top with a pink gelato. 



I printed my picture at 4x4” and mounted it onto watercolour effect paper (from The Works) and then paper from the First Edition ‘Storyteller’ pad.  The pull-out tag is from the Oasis ephemera pack and I added some Oasis stickers to it, as well as some journalling.



There are three areas of clustering on my layout. The main bit is around my photo where I used some larger embellishments with gold foiling. In the top and bottom left corners, I used washi tape as a base for my embellishments.  I love a bit of sparkle so to finish off I punched tiny hearts from glitter paper.

https://youtu.be/ElEzCeT2cro


Thanks for joining us this month Emily!  You can find more of Emily here: facebook pinterest youtube

If you fancy guest designing for us drop Laura an email at ukscrapaddicts@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...