Monday 7 August 2017

Open Arms | ScrappyNerdUK | Clustering

I am bringing you a new take on clustering. This is for you who struggle with how to cluster, how big the cluster must be and for those that like to "prep" their layouts. Here goes...



So this is a very simple layout so the focus stays on the cluster. I started with a sheet of woodgrain paper which bordered my white cardstock. Next a cut a 4x12 inch strip of the floral paper (as shown in the photo) and laid this horizontally across the middle of my page, from edge to edge. This paper is from the Gather collection by Maggie Holmes.





I then layered some papers from the same collection behind my photo, ensuring that the papers were not so busy to distract from the cluster that would be placed beside the photo. I then placed my title to the left of the layout, ensuring that it didn't interfere with my cluster. Although including the title within the cluster is also fine to do, on this occasion I felt that they needed to be separate so you could really focus on the main decoration of the layout, which is the cluster.



As mentioned, this cluster is really designed to help you if you struggle with clustering, or if you like to prep in advance.

The best way to do this is to use a tag. I used this teal plaid tag from the Gather ephemera pack. I then stamped out a couple of wreaths using the stamps from the collection and fussy cut these out. I then also stamped a ballerina from the Gather collection, knowing I was going to use these elements in the cluster. So I laid the wreaths behind the die cut, added the die cut on top and then the ballerina stamped image. This in itself created a lovely cluster but was just a little flat. So I added a wood veneer piece on top and just used some wet glue to adhere this down on top of all the paper layers. I then added some Tim Holtz tiny word stickers and a few adhesive pearls and my cluster was complete. This was then ready to adhere onto my layout.

I added some foam behind my photo and behind the tag to give the whole layout some height, added some journal under the horizontal strip of paper and finished it all off with some more tiny word stickers. Very simple yet very effective layout.

So give clustering a go. Cluster on top of a couple of tags and incorporate this into your layout. And if you don't like the cluster you've made then just make another one!!!

Be sure to head over to watch the process video on YouTube too - https://youtu.be/spuJZGoALds




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...