Saturday 21 April 2018

I Believe in Unicorns | Niki Rowland | Tags



Hey there UK Scrap Addicts! Niki here with you today and I am sharing my layout made to this month's theme, which is to use tags on our layouts.

I was away on holiday when I made this layout so was a bit limited on what products I had with me. I pulled out my 'use it or lose it' pouch of embellishments and sorted through to see if I had any pre-made tags. I had four from an older Maggie Holmes collection but together they didn't really work with the look I was going for.


So instead of making those the focus of my layout I pulled out a cut-apart sheet from the Dear Lizzy Stay Colorful collection. There were tags, journaling cards and banner-style tags too. I cut them all out and arranged onto my layout. I also tucked in some of the Maggie Holmes tags I had initially pulled out too, in an effort to use up some of those older embellishments.


I added waxed thread through all the tags - I spiraled them through the holes a few times so I didn't have any loose ends, and then stuck everything down, raising up the top edges of my tags on foam pads for added dimension.

I added a title, my journaling, some splatters and some embellishment clusters as well as some fussy cut flowers.

I have a process video of my layout available for you to view below:

Thanks so much for joining me today. Today is my last post and Process Video for UK Scrap Addicts - I'm expecting a baby in August and need to reduce my Design Team commitments a bit so it seemed sensible to take my break now, just in time for the new Design Team to start - what a talented bunch of ladies are joining us in May, I can't wait to see what amazing inspiration they bring to UK Scrap Addicts.

Thank you so much for having me over the last year or so, I've really enjoyed being on the team - it's been a blast.

Happy scrapping xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...