Sunday 15 July 2018

Cool Kid | Sarah Costain | 6x6 paper pads

Sarah here today with my take on this months challenge.

I have lots of 6x6 pads in my stash from my card making days. I chose to use the Cool Kid collection by Crate Paper as it is so perfect for my numerous pictures of my little boy.


I started my layout by creating a mixed media background using inks and water. I let the ink run through the water to create fun splashes in colours matching the papers.


When my background was dry I added pages from my 6x6 pad across the bottom of the layout. I trimmed of the excess and secured it with some messy machine stitching.

The off cuts from the papers were perfect to create lots of layers behind my photo. I added some vellum and popped it all up on foam for added dimension. 



I used a journaling spot from the sticker sheet and added a silver clip and embellishments in the bottom corner which helped balance the overall look of the page.


You can check out the process video here.

Thanks for joining me have a scrappy day :)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...