Saturday 7 July 2018

Furzton Lake | Amy Kattenbelt | 6x6 Papers

Hello, Amy here today bringing you my take on using 6x6 paper pads. I love 6x6 paper pads they are such a great way to get a lot of variety of papers (often the whole collection) and the smaller patterns are very versatile. I wanted to show this by trying to use the 6x6 paper pad in a few ways...

I cut 1 inch strips to create the background, selecting my papers to include lots of variety or patterns and colours. I cut my 6x4 photo along to shorten it slightly to be about 5.5x4 and this allowed me to also use the paper from the 6x6 pad as background layers behind the photo.
Once the background pieces and photo was stuck down to my white 12x12 cardstock i set about making some embellishments. I used a X-Cut butterfly and stamp set on the of the papers to create butterflies which i adhered using both wet glue and foam pads to give them some dimension.

I then used a little black ink and a date stamp to splatter around the butterflies.


I also used paper from the 6x6 pad to make my own 'thickers' style alphabet. Using my cuttlebug and fun foam i cut my title, then cut it again in a patterned paper and glued them on top of each other.


This strip pattern is a favourite of mine, i must have done something similar at least 4 times previously. There are lots of variations you can make, for example the thickenss of the stripes, or how you edge them, or you can off set them so they arent all in a neat row. Using a different paper pad creates very different looks. If i am on a budget but love a new collection I will often just buy the 6x6 paper pad and the die cut pack, its suprising how many ways there are to make layouts using just these supplies. Anyway, ill leave you with a link to the you tube video for this layout, have fun playing with 6x6 paper and be sure to share your creations over on our facebook group!

https://youtu.be/umd9hLKgyvc 


1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...