Wednesday 1 August 2018

Rainbow of Possibilities - Amy Kattenbelt - Tic Tac Toe

As its the first of August, I will introduce you to our new challenge. It involves using the Tic Tac Toe board below. If you aren't familiar with this type of challenge, you simply pick a line (horizontal, vertical or diagonal) on the board and that will give you three prompts which you need to incorporate into your project. We are doing a slightly modified version of this challenge and all the creative team at UKSA will be using a line that runs through the middle of the grid....so we will all be using circles as part of the challenge this month!

I picked a diagonal line, going from the bottom left to the top right, giving me the three prompts of 'Mixed Alphabets', 'Circles' and 'Rainbows'...


I love using rainbow colours on my layouts, and i think this looks great paired with a black and white photo and greys/black/white. It can make the colours really pop. I ticked off two of the three elements by cutting circles in a rainbow of colour, layering them up and then cutting them in half. Take a look at my process video to see exactly how my layout was created. It is super simple, i promise!


I used fussy cut flowers from a paper from Paige Evan's "Pick Me Up" collection and also used a few stickers from the same collection as well.


To create my long title 'Your future holds a wonderful rainbow of possibilities" I die cut the word RAINBOW out of the cardstock....don't you just love the word rainbow has 7 letters in so it makes it super easy to cut one letter per colour!


I used a variety of black, white and gold alphabet stickers for the other words.


My design featured a vertical column, set of to the left hand side of the page, leaving plenty of space for the title on the right.


I would love for you to have a go at either scraplifting my design or using out tic tac toe board to create a layout of your own. Be sure to share your work with us over on our facebook group!

1 comment:

Thanks for your comments...