Wednesday 29 August 2018

Take a Break | Kirei Baldwin | Tic Tac Toe

Hi Scrap Addicts!

Kirei here with my take on this month's theme which was to pick a line of 3 items from a Tic Tac Toe board to use on a layout...


I chose the middle line....arrows, circles and washi tape!


This was a great opportunity to use some washi tape as I am sure many of you have just as many rolls as I have waiting to be used up, they certainly last forever! My inspiration came from a recent layout I made for GoGo Getaway where I used up lots of manufacturing strips that I punched into shapes and a fab layout by the lovely Jo Boland where she used washi tape strips as a background. 

Firstly I covered a piece of 12" x 12" white cardstock with different coloured strips of washi tape in a rainbow effect.


Then I punched out various sizes circles which I stuck down onto a white background. I added a 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" square photo (printed one up with borders on a Canon Selphy) with foam dots to give dimension. I added a title using some chipboard Thickers..... can you tell I used a 'c' in place of each 'e' as I had run out of them! I just added in the white line using a Sharpie Poster Paint pen.


Then I went through my stash and added lots of little embellishments (including arrows) in the same rainbow colours as the washi tape.



I love the finished effect and as I had more of the washi tape background left I made a second layout....


For this layout I cut the remaining washi tape background into strips that I stuck down onto a 12" x 12" piece of white cardstock. I punched a few more circles and added them to the white space I had left, attached a 5" x 3 1/2" photo (printed one up with borders on a Canon Selphy) with foam pads.



And again I went through my stash and added lots of circular embellishments (enamel dots, flair badges, sequins, brads) and some white glittery arrows. 



I finished off with a title and journaling.


So why don't you join in with the Tic Tac Toe and share your layouts over on the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page and join in with the chat.... we love to see what you create!

Thanks for looking, happy scrapping!



1 comment:

  1. Two fabulous layouts, I will definitely use these ideas as I seem to have acquired several rolls of washi just recently

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...