Saturday 19 December 2020

Hey Santa | Jackie Ashton | Embossing Folders

 Hi crafter, Jackie here with my layout for this months challenge, using embossing folders.


When I rooted my embossing folders out and dusted them off, I wondered why I hadn’t been using them on my layouts recently, and they are lovely.   I used to love using them, but as trends come and go, this is one that as been put on the back burner, which is such a pity as I love the effect they give to patterned paper.  So having this challenge got me back to thinking about adding them to my layouts more often.


Hey, Santa








To start this layout I went through my embossing folders and selected a few different designs to use.






I used a selection of 6x8 papers and embossed each patterned paper with a different design.


After I had embossed all the papers, including a piece of vellum, I cut them into different lengths and widths, which I laid across the middle of my cardstock overlapping some, and adding some machine stitching over a few to add some extra texture.





I backed my photograph with some patterned papers from the same collection, adding 3D foam to given it some dimension.


Finishing my layout with some wood veneer, word phase stickers and puffy hearts from my stash.  








I love how the embossing folders have given the papers some additional texture without it making the page look overwhelming.  Its definitely a technique that I will be going back to using.


If you have time over the festive season to do some crafting, then please share your layouts over in our Facebook Group, we would love to see them.


I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.


Till next time, 


Keep scrapping,


Stay Safe and enjoy the season the best you can.










 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...