Tuesday 22 December 2020

Home is the Heart of Xmas | Karen Moss | Embossing Folders

Hello, Karen here with my project for this month using Embossing Folders.  


 I used a technique I had taught in a class several years ago - embossing on coloured core card and sanding off the top layer to reveal the core colour. 

I used a cardstock called Core'dination - it's  not as readily available as it was when I taught the class but I found similar card that had been dyed on both sides, resulting in the centre being slightly lighter in colour so alternatives are available. 



I started by die cutting flowers and leaves and then run them through my Big Shot inside an embossing folder.  

One they had been embossed it was simply a case of gently sanding away the top layer with some fine sandpaper. 



If you would like to see exactly how I made the flowers, pop over to our YouTube channel and have a look at my process video

Please show us your take on using a large photo on a page on our Instagram feed or our Pinterest board.

There are more pages that our talented DT have made on there too. 

I would like to wish you a Happy Christmas and a New Year that is approaching normality.

Stay Safe

Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...