Tuesday 1 December 2020

Our Memories | Claire Murphy (ScrappyNerdUK) | Embossing Folders

Hey everyone. How is it December already?!

Well that means we have a new focus and this month we are concentrating on using embossing folders. 

I tend to use embossing folders when making cards but rarely use them when making scrapbook layouts so this was a really fun challenge!


 

I thought about how I could incorporate this into my layout as the embossing folders I have are only 4x6 inches and so I thought about embossing small bits of white cardstock to back a cut file with. 

I decided that white was going to be best for this to really help the patterns stand out. Definitely a single colour cardstock would work best for this technique. 




I chose to use the very pretty Unforgettable collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studios. I chose a neutral background woodgrain paper and set to adding the small squares of embossed papers behind my cutfile. 

I then decided I would add 3 clusters containing bit of ephemera, stickers and also fussy cut some butterflies to add into each cluster. 







I chose my photo to have a stark contrast to the white in the embossing and cut file to really help the photo pop. 

I then added some white ink splatters using a Posca paint pen.

I completed my title by adding on a word from the foam word stickers from the same collection.



And here is my finished layout. I hope you'll give this technique a try and be sure to head on over to our Facebook group and share your layouts there with us too. 



Claire x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...