Wednesday 9 December 2020

Winter Wishes | Sheena Rowlands | Embossing folders

 Hi there UK Scrap Addicts x

It's Sheena here again and for our challenge this month we are using embossing folders. To be honest my first challenge was actually finding my embossing folders! I'd had a big tidy up in march & put them somewhere safe, isn't that always the way!

Winter Wishes.


For this page I started first with the embossing folders, knowing I wanted to make a wintery layout I dug out a snowflake one and a camera one.
Firstly I ran vellum through which gave a lovely crisp embossed look. Then I rubbed an ink pad on the inside of the embossing folder and ran white cardstock through it. Finally I ran damp tissue through the camera embossing folder too. To see these techniques check out the Youtube video at the end of this post.

Armed with my embossed items i set about making a grid format layout using mainly Simple Stories - Freezin' Season and Crate paper - Snow and Cocoa paper ranges.


I particularly loved how the inked cardstock turned out and just added a few stickers to finish off that  "card". I used Distress Oxide - speckled egg ink.

From the embossed tissue I cut out a single camera to use as an embellishment as part of a cluster. I enjoyed raiding my Christmas stash looking for embellishments to go with the photos and story I wanted to tell.

Before attaching the cards down I added some mixed media in co ordinating colours to the background.


I hope this inspires you to dig out your embossing folders. 

Do check out my process video on our You Tube channel too.

We would love to hear from you over on our FB group or tag us on Instagram #UKScrapAddicts if you have played along this month?

Till next time x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...