Sunday 13 December 2020

Let it snow, Ho Ho Ho | Sam Ball | Embossing Folders

I’ll confess, I was ‘late the party’ when it die-cutting machines! 

Even though I’ve been scrapping since 2007, it’s only in the last three years that I’ve had my first Big Shot, and whilst I do have a fair few metal dies, when it comes to embossing folders, I own a huge collection of just four!

 

Knowing this months’ theme was embossing folders, I fully intended to purchase a new one, but with lockdown and Christmas, time simply slipped away! 



After much deliberation, I decided to do a seasonal layout. Using a photo taken only last weekend when we were choosing our Christmas tree, I also knew that one of my four embossing folders was one that creates a cross section of a tree trunk, so at least there was a common theme!



I cut a few in vellum, then used a metallic mousse to highlight their subtle detailing, and create a frosted effect.



Then I backed a cut file from Peartree with vellum to also add to the wintery feel, further backing three of the trees with patterned paper, but keeping the vellum layer to soften the paper designs.



The scallop detail at the base was cut using a Bramble Fox ruler template, and reminds me of a present or package - again a nod to the festive period.

 

Apart from the Bramble Fox perspective, the layout was created using ‘Snow and Cocoa’, a collection by Crate Paper that was manufactured in 2016. Guiltily, I’d hardly used any of it, but I remember loving it so much, I’d bought loads! In fact, when I looked at my Christmas papers, it looks as though I’ve hardly touched any of the festive collections that I’ve bought from the last four years!

 

Perhaps I should make my New Years’ resolution to scrap more, or stop hoarding!

 

Are you a fan of embossing folders? Have you played along with this months’ theme? If you have, don’t forget to share your layouts over on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...