Thursday 27 September 2018

I won't give up on us | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Paint


It's nearing the end of Summer here so that means one thing - no more super bright layouts! We head into Autumn colours, photos of Hot Chocolate and crisp Autumn mornings and then onto the Big C!!!

But....For now...I bring you one last hurrah of this summer season and who can resist a rainbow layout (I know I can't!).

So this months theme was paint. I decided to use some acrylic paint markers for this layout and I have teamed this layout up with my Alpha Attack series on Youtube to demonstrate that you can use paint to change the colour of any type of Alpha or Thicker (because we usually have lots of those in our stash right!?).

So my thought was rainbow rain. I know this sounds crazy but here is how the layout came together.

I grabbed a whole load of half used Thicker packs from my stash and started sticking them randomly over the lower 2/3 of my page. (I did Gesso my page first knowing I was going to be applying white paint over the Thickers).

Once these were all stuck down, I then added a layer of Gesso (I actually added 2 layers because I wasn't sure how thick the coverage would be from the paint markers).

Once I had let the Gesso dry, and you can use a heat tool to speed the process up (I certainly did), I then applied 2 layers of white acrylic paint over the whole page.



Next came the hard decision as to where I was going to include my photo. I didn't want to cover too much of the background up so I went with a photo that I could cut down to just the subject image (my husband in this case) and I packed the photo with a small amount of 3 different patterned papers around the edges.

This is where the fun part came in. I used the acrylic paint markers to colour in each alpha using the ROYGBIV colours (apart from I had to substitute Indigo for Pink) and I worked my way across the page with each colour. Next I added some of the paint onto a non stick mat and added a little water and went splatter crazy! I tried to keep the coloured splatters within each of their own colour sections. I then went tone on tone with adding some enamel dots in hearts and star shapes.

I did back my white cardstock onto a piece of rainbow(ish) patterned paper. I had used a sheet of Bazzill Marshmallow cardstock which is primed for Mixed Media but it had buckled a little. So cutting down a 1/2 inch from each the top and bottom, I then mounted this onto the patterned paper to held smooth out the warping.

Next I free hand cut some clouds and used a black paint marker to give these a faux stitched border as these were getting lost on the background. Finally, because clearly there were not enough Alphas already on this layout!, I then added my title into the left cloud. I even popped a sun in to the top right cloud to keep with the theme.

In total I used a massive 97 Alpha Stickers!!! And now I need a lie down. Thanks for visiting our blog today. Be sure to head back for more inspiration throughout the month from the other ladies. Oh and we have a new theme on 1st October!!


If you want to watch the process for this layout then you're in luck as there is a process video right here for you. So be sure to head on over to our Youtube channel where you will find hundreds of videos to keep you inspired!
Youtube link below.
See you next month!!



Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...