Monday 19 August 2019

Our Happy Place | Karen Leahy (Guest Designer) | Sketch

We're pleased that Karen Leahy could join us as one of our two guest designers this month. We love what she has created with the sketch designed by Laura Rumble from @BeadsButtonsandBirds.

Over to you Karen...

I was inspired by the sketch to use a mess of hearts to show how much we love the happiest place on Earth, Disney!!!  I used several different techniques to make the hearts. Some I punched out, others were die cuts and I even used a heart stencil. I used three different colours of red, yellow and blue which are great traditional Disney colours.




I actually made the heart stencil with my Silhouette and with this I used 3 different colours of Tim Holtz Distress ink in Fired Brick, Salty Ocean and Mustard Seed.

This layout was great to use up scraps of patterned paper and card to be able to punch out the hearts!!

To embellish, I used a mixture of digitally printed embellishments and also used some chipboard from Echo Park.

The castle pictures are a mandatory part of every Disney trip and they epitomise the magic of the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...