Saturday 3 August 2019

Sun Shine | Zoe Hailey| Sketch

I can't believe August is here already and we are working with a new theme, this time round we have an awesome sketch to inspire us (Thanks so much Laura Rumble). The original sketch included stars which was great for me as I love stars and think they are really versatile on layouts. I just flipped the sketch 90 degrees to get the design for my page.

To create my layout I started by attempting to make my own stencil, but unfortunately I didn't have the deeper blade for my Cricut Explore Air 2 so I had to improvise. I used the Heidi Swapp reactive paint to pull through other stencils and foiled my stars with the rainbow foil ( which I absolutely adore!)  Here is a close up of how that turned out.


I also used the Heidi Swapp pen to outline some stars and foil them and I think these add a really cute element to the page.


I titled my page "you my sun shine, my moon and all my stars" to go with the theme of the layout and because it is a photograph of my son.


I worked with Shimelle's Sparkle City Collection on this layout, which I have to admit I totally adore. I have added some photo layers behind my two images and stitched through my title and layout edges using a metallic thread.
For some finishing touches I added foam stars, sticker stars and teeny wheeny stars (these were the words of my five year old daughter when I was struggling to describe what I meant!) And lastly, proving that you can find new ways to use old stash I have added some stickles dots and ink splatters.



A simple layout but I really love it, hope you are inspired by the sketch and our take on it. Look forward to seeing what you create in our UKSA Facebook Group soon.


Zoe ( Find me on IG @Zola28)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...