Thursday 19 December 2019

It's Pumpkin Time! | Lisa-Jane Johnson | Hidden Elements

Hi everyone, it's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here today with my spooky take on this month's challenge.  


I had lots of photos from my youngest niece's birthday party 10 years ago, but I had been avoiding scrapping the event because there was something wrong with most of the pictures.  I wanted to still use them as there were parts of each photo that I wanted to remember so this hidden elements technique meant that I could still scrap them without them being on show on the front of a layout.


I used this flip out technique that I remembered using in a Shimelle feature on Two Peas in A Bucket a few years ago.  She scrapped a 6x4 photo for each month of the year, gaining a photo each month so January had one, February had two and so on.  And yes that meant that December had 12 6x4 photographs on ONE layout!  


This technique featured in July with 7 photos but there is also room for 2 journalling spots so there's plenty of real estate for whatever you need to use it for!  You basically just make a concertina which stacks up on one side of your layout so that the front page element looks like two 6x4 photos next to each other.  One of the photos flips out and the other stays put but of course you could flip out both side if you wanted more space.


The 2 photos and mats in the central portion of the layout mean that you don't need much else to complete your page.  A few stickers popped up on foam to create a diagonal flow down the page was all it needed to finish it off.  I'm still loving using the Simple Stories Vintage Halloween collection because it's so easy to use.


Other than a couple of background layers and the small amount of embellishment, the main feature of this layout is the concertina so it comes together really quickly.  Once you've cut your 12x12 in half and folded it up to create your flip out, the tricky bit is done.

I hope you've been inspired to hide some elements on your pages this month and perhaps you've been inspired but this flip out technique.  Please do tag us on social media and share your pages on our Facebook group so we can share the love!

Happy scrapping!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...