Sunday 29 December 2019

Logica CMG | Amy Kattenbelt | Hidden Journaling

Hello UK Scrap Addicts! Amy here, sharing my layout that features hidden journaling. This month spromt finally got me started on a project I had been planning since the start of the year, but kept putting off. My plan is to create a special 12x12 album full of layouts that really tell my story. To some what step away from the arty creativeness I enjoy about scrapbooking and to really focus on writing about my life experience. I want to create an album that future generations will be able to look at and get to know the real me, full of details that at the moment I take fore granted, that may even seem unimportant, but in time they will tell my story.


I decided to start with something that was pretty straight forward for me to journal about. Because to create my album successfully I am going to need to do a lot of writing! So I chose to write about my first graduate job. I want each layout in this album to feature an envelope that contains the journaling on A4 paper. I have used this bright summery collection from Paige Evans, mainly because I wanted to use the bike die cut as that was how i often traveled to my job.


I cut an envelope shape (designed by Paige Evans) out on my silhouette cameo, and printed out my journaling. I then wanted to create the effect of all the little pieces of die cut ephemera and lots of small photos tumbling out of this envelope.


Inside the envelope you can find my hidden journaling (I have blurred it slightly in these photos for privacy). I also put a large photo in the envelope too. When writing my journaling I really kept focusing on what I would love to be able to read about my ancestors, this idea really helped me to feel at ease with writing about myself.


I plan on creating lots of layouts to go into my special album, that will contains all sorts of my memories and life experience. I would love to hear from anyone who has created this sort of album already.


I hope you might consider creating a special album like this too, the new year would be a perfect time to start! Thank you for reading, and I wish you a very Happy New Year.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...