Saturday 21 December 2019

Warm Hearts | Sam Ball | Hidden Journalling

I can’t deny, journaling ‘freaks’ me out!

It’s not that I don’t like my own scrapbooking writing, as I actually really do! I think it stems back to a few years ago when I was thrilled with a LO then decided to add some journaling, which totally spoilt it! There was either a spelling mistake or I rambled on and ran out of room – either way, I literally removed as much of the from the cardstock and re-did it!





So whilst ‘hidden journalling’ wouldn’t be my first choice for a layout them, I’m actually really pleased with how this LO turned out and especially the concept bit!





This was made using a die-cut, borrowed from Jackie Ashton. It’s actually meant to be used as a page divider in a December Daily or similar, as the spine cuts six hole punches, but it was too cute not to adapt, and as such I cut a couple and tied them together with ribbon to create a hidden opening, perfect for the journalling.





Apart from the ribbon ties, all other textural elements are bright red, which is not usual for me, but I have to say that I love how the LO turned out! 





Ironically the photo was taken in the middle of Summer on the Amalfi coast, but is was a relatively cloudy day, and as such could have been taken anywhere at any time of the year! The only bit that made me think it lended itself to a Christmas styled layout was the spring of evergreen just poking into the frame in the top left of the photo.





At the moment the hidden journalling only uses elements from the collection to create a trailing banner, each end held by a cute bird! However I may decide to be brave and add a handwritten sentiment!

That’s the beauty of ‘hidden journalling’ – no-one will ever know if I did or didn’t!

Remember to share your layouts with us over on our Facebook pageor tag us on Instagram?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...