Thursday 19 March 2020

Lisa-Jane Johnson | Vertical Design | Stay Colourful

Hi scrappers!  It's Lisa-Jane from Pretty My Page here with you today with my layout for the "vertical placement" challenge.

I hope you are all keeping well and have good supplies of the important stuff... cake, tea, double sided tape, patterned paper...  At least we won't run out of things to do if we are quarantined, but if you run out of photos, or fancy a laugh, you could try taking some pictures with Snapchat filters like I did here very late one night on a retreat.


I've taken inspiration from a couple of similar layouts that I've seen on the Cocoa Vanilla social media using the striped multi-coloured papers that they usually have in each collection.  I was saving the last strip of mine so it was a good time to use it on a page rather than me sitting admiring it.


I tore it into pieces and spread them the full height of the page but I wanted to overlap them so I needed more than the 12 inches of the strip.  I mounted my base cardstock onto a coordinating border and then added in some denser patterns from the border strips - I don't throw much away!


I had some Simple Stories stickers from a planner pad that matched really well so I spread those along the rainbow with some fussy cut butterflies and die cut hearts.


Finally sprinkled some enamel shapes and dots around the rainbow and added the Stay Colourful die cut for the title.  Spelled the UK way!  Huzzah!  

I've been meaning to do a colour on colour layout for a while and I'm so pleased with how everything came together on this one.  I hope you've been inspired by the team's layouts so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...