Wednesday 29 April 2020

Edinburgh Castle | Stamping | Amy Kattenbelt

Good Morning UK Scrap Addicts,

Today I am sharing with you my layout using stamps. I used three floral stamps from the new 5th & Monaco collection by Pink Paislee.

Let me walk you through how I created my layout...

Firstly I used clear gesso on a piece of white cardstock, I did this because I knew I would be using a lot of wet medium on this layout. Sometimes I gesso and sometimes I don't, its all about playing around and experimenting with your card and mediums and techniques!

Next I used black Archival ink (which is permanent when dry and does not react to water), and a script stamp to add some black inking across the middle of the page. For this style of stamping, I do not use an acrylic block, and I bend the stamp in a U shape to avoid harsh edges. Experiment on a piece of scrap paper first if you haven't used this technique before.




Then, using a Versamark ink pad, I stamped the flowers across the middle of the layout in a horizontal band. The ink shows up just enough to see it to control the placement of the stamps and make sure they don't overlap.

I used white embossing powder on these stamped images and set it with my heat gun. These will now give a resist to the next layer of mixed media.


Next I added the blues, purples and pink watercolour effect band across the page. I used Ecoline liquid watercolour inks in Sky Blue, Ultramarine Violet and Magenta. I used a large round paint brush and plenty of water, painting the colours in patches but allowing them to touch and blend together to create all sorts of hues. I left this to dry naturally overnight.


I added my photo, which i had double matted in a pink and green paper also from the new 5th & Monaco collection. And added my title and the date in alphabet stickers.

I then cut out leaf shapes of various sizes by hand, in 3 colours of fun foam, and stuck them to my layout in four areas to create a branch type effect.


Lastly I splattered black ink finely in a few areas of the layout to break up the large areas of white which I felt finished it off nicely.

Thank you for taking the time to come and read about how I created this layout. I hope its given you a few more ideas about how you could use your stamps in your scrapbooking. Why not head over to the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook page and share your creations, or also ask me any questions.

Take Care and Stay Safe,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...