Saturday 25 April 2020

When Will I See You Again? | Jackie Ashton | Stamping

Hi crafters, Jackie here with my take on the using stamps on your layouts. 

Stamps are my weakness, not my only one, but one that I can't see going away anytime soon.

While the World is upside down at the moment, who is  missing something, something that is trivial in the grand scale of things, but something that you would love to have right now, that thing that we have taken for granted and now don’t know when we will ever see it again.


Mine is an oat milk latte from Starbucks, I’m not a 100% coffee drinker as a do like a nice cup of tea, but the thought of not knowing when will I be able to just nip and grab my favourite coffee, inspired me to ask ‘When Will I See You Again?’


 I’m sure I will be doing more layouts over the coming weeks to show the change to my life and the world as it becomes the norm.

So onto my layout, 

When Will I See You Again ?



I recently purchased a label stamp set, and wanted to use them in a different way, other than just stamping them and using them as a basic label on my layout.

After choosing a few of the labels images, I stamped them down one side of the cardstock, using oxide inks as I didn’t want the ink impression to be so vivid, and the oxide inks gave a more distressed look.

When stamping, I over lapped the labels using 5 colours, taking the colours from the paper collection I choose.


Then I added my main design to the right hand side of the layout.  The paper collection I used, are from Pebbles/Jen Hadfield - Hey, Hello collection - Using a 4 inch strip, and  2 x 1 inch strips down each of the edges, along with some ruffled crepe paper down one edge to add some texture.



In the vellum envelope I added a tag ...





I also wanted to bring the patterned paper over to the left hand side of my layout, so I punched some labels and added over the tops of stamped images and also stamped onto the labels, with some coffee stamps I have.




For my title I used several alphabets from my stash, and the puffy sticker rainbow is from Pink Fresh Studio.





I choose some embellishments from Pink Fresh Studio ranges, Bramble Fox coffee cup perspextives and Elle's Studio cork tabs.



This layout was fun to create, even thought its a serious topic regarding the lockdown in the UK, I wanted the layout to be a fun one, one that documented my life right now and one of the things I'm missing.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you can take some inspiration from my layout to use your stamps in a different way, other than what they are originally intended for.

Don’t forget to share your layouts over in our Facebook group, we would love to see them.

Till next time

Happy Scrapping











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...