Wednesday 1 April 2020

When It Rains Look For Rainbows | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Stamping Technique

Today is the first of the month so we are ready to start our new theme.....this month we're going to be focusing on stamping techniques.

So I am first up with my layout and this month I have chosen to share a travellers notebook spread with you. 

I had these rainbow stamps that I was desperate to use and had the perfect photo to go with them.

I wanted to say one thing about stamping - do not worry about it being perfect, just go for it and use those stamps. My stamping is far from perfect but I love the layout anyway.

So, my technique is to look at repeat stamping. I masked off the right side of my TN and started repeat stamping the same sentiment in black ink, but adding in each of the colours that appear in the rainbow also. To fill in the gaps I used a smaller raindrop stamp using the same colours. Repeat stamping is a great substitute for patterned paper, and especially if you're working in a TN and worried about how thick your notebook will end up.

I then stamped the rainbow in rainbow colour order and cut around this to add on top of my photo. My photo was matted with a single layer of rainbow patterned paper. I then added on some gold glitter stars to add a little sparkle to this layout.

Finally I added some journalling lines to add my journalling and ta da! The repeat stamping is really the star of the show on this layout and I love how it turned out. 

So I encourage you to get your stamps out and give this a go!!

I have a process video for you here also -



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...