Wednesday 25 November 2020

Chasing Rainbows | Large Photo | Kirei Baldwin

 Hi UK Scrap Addicts! 

It's Kirei here with my layout for this month's 'Scrap a large photo (at least A4)' challenge and this one was definitely a challenge for me! 


I typically scrap with smaller photos and the idea of filling most of a regular 12"x 12" layout with a photo was one I had not tried before but I have to say I really like how it turned out! I did have to print 4 large photos before I found one that worked.... definitely having some space on the photo seemed to be best, as one that was too busy just didn't seem right. 

I used the brightly coloured Amy Tangerine 'Picnic in the Park' collection as it has lots of rainbows and rainbow colours that were perfect with my photo! I added a rainbow striped patterned paper to the left edge of the layout. Then I mounted my photo on one of the patterned papers and distressed the edges before attaching it to the left side of the white cardstock with foam pads. 

I added an embellishment cluster to the top left of the photo and this is where i also added my title directly to the photo. I dug into my alpha stash and made up the word 'rainbow' in rainbow colours. 



Then I added another embellishment cluster to the bottom right of my layout, and added my journaling.


Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have been inspired to try a larger photo on your layout, it is well worth a try... and don't forget to share your layouts over in the UK Scrap Addicts Facebook group or tag us on Instagram if you've played along this month!

Happy Scrapping!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...