Friday 14 August 2020

Hello | Sam Ball | Mood Board

 

Has the recent humid heat been affecting your creativity?

 

Are you finding it too much like hard work to even contemplate scrapping?




I usually love a mood board, and especially one as pretty as this is, but no matter how hard I tried – the mojo was melting!

 

I actually had two pieces of this fabulous Pinkfresh paper from their ‘My Favourite Collection’ launched earlier this year, so making the first cut should have been relatively ‘stress free!’ as I obviously had a spare. Even so, I managed to do a fair amount of paper shuffling before committing to cutting into it!



The striped colours were perfect and were made for this mood board, even taking on the colour swatch order!

 

I wanted to include not only the colours but elements from the mood board too!


I’m a great believer that you can never have too many butterflies on a scrapbooking layout, and found that the butterflies from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio ‘Happiness’ paper were a fairly close match.

 

As much as I wanted to make a rainbow embellishment, I felt tht this would throw the distinct bands of colour so decided instead to add embellishments, grouped to reflect the swatches.



I was also inspired by the lattice image and had every intention to hand sew a series of diagonals. After machine stitching in matching threads, I trialed hand sewing some diamond shapes on a scrap piece of paper. Sadly, I wasn’t sure that they were going to work as well as I’d imagined so I abandoned that idea too!



In the end I’m really pleased with how this layout turned out… it might have been slow in the beginning but once I got into the mood, I finished it fairly quickly.

 

Are you a fan of a mood board – if you’ve never tried using one, this one is certainly a super one to start with!

 

And don’t forget, we always love to see your layouts over on our Facebook page, or on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...