Saturday 1 August 2020

Let Your Color Shine | ScrappyNerdUK (Claire) | Mood board

I am the first to admit that I always struggle with a mood board as inspiration. But, I always remind myself that I can pick one thing in the moodboard that inspires me and there are no rules! There is no scrapbook police so we are free to be as creative as we want and to take inspiration from wherever we want.

Amy from our creative team made a moodboard this month for us to all use as inspiration and I just love it!

Rainbows are always a winner in my eyes so I immediately went to a collection that I knew had rainbow papers in and that is Amy Tangerines Picnic in the Park collection.



So I started with a sheet of white cardstock and laid this at an angle across the rainbow paper and trimmed both pieces back to 12x12. (Tip - I didn't stick all of the white cardstock down initially - this enabled me to cut away some of the rainbow paper to save for a later project)





I then decided on my title. My photo was about painting our garden fences and wanted a title about color (ironically, our house and now our garden fence is painted grey!)

I used the little white alphas from the same collection but wanted the word "Color" to be in colour so I had a look through my stash and found some Thickers from Vicki Boutin and cut down the word "Colorful" as I didn't need the last part.



I then had fun with all of the embellishments from the kit and created 3 clusters to create a visual triangle around my photo. In each cluster I started with a flower die cut and added in puffy stickers and foam Thickers and some flat stickers also so it had different textures and depth in each cluster.

I then added in a few flickers of black indian ink into each cluster for a pop of black.

I ran my fingernail underneath the bottom and right of the white cardstock to lift the edges slightly to create some shadow underneath.

And here is my completed layout. I was unsure as to whether I wanted to add journalling to this and there is a nice white area to the photo that would easily allow me to add some before adding to my album if I wanted to do so.


There is a process video for this over on our Youtube Channel so please click the link here to watch the video



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...