Friday 7 August 2020

Dippin' Dots | Sheena Rowlands | Mood board

Hi there UK Scrap Addicts , Sheena here again x

Our challenge this month is to use a wonderful mood board created by our team mate Amy, as inspiration to create our layout. I've not used mood boards much before but found plenty within this one to get my mind whirling and my layout started.

Hello Dippin' Dots.


Using the colour circles on the mood board I gathered lots of patterned papers I thought I might use mainly from Dear Lizzy - She's Magic and Crate Paper - Sunny days. The ice-cream  image had me hunting out photos from 2010 about an ice cream treat we ate in Florida.

I started by tearing the papers and overlapping them till I was happy how they looked. I layered my photos with more patterned papers which I distressed. Then the best bit for me, sorting through embellishments. 


To echo the mood board and my subject matter I added circles of patterned paper, an ice cream, a rainbow and even a butterfly from Maggie Holmes - Sweet Story range. My title is a mix of alphas and acrylic word plus a little hand written journalling.


I hope this gives you some inspiration to use our August mood board. Do share with us your creations over on our FB group.
Till next time x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...