Friday 28 August 2020

Smile | Amy Kattenbelt | Moodboard

 Hello UK Scrap Addicts,

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's creation using the moodboard I created for this months theme. I love using moodboards as inspiration, there are always so many ways to use them.

I decided to mainly be inspired by the colour theme and the rainbow, as well as the butterflies.



The new Daydream collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio works really well with the colour palette of the moodboard, namely 2 shades of pink, 2 shades of blue and yellow. 



I used the rainbow patterned paper, and decided to keep it whole. I added stitched crosses in the edges of the arcs and lots of gold ink splashes for added shimmer and shine.


I have used two old photos because I felt the colours really matched well. I struggled with a title for a while, and finally settled on a subtle title 'smile' using foam phrase thickers. 


I then enjoyed an hour of fussy cutting, both florals out of the flower patterned paper and some butterflies from another paper from the same collection. I adhered the flowers, along with some floral die cuts, around my photos and also to the upper right corner. Finally I finished my layout by adding the 3 butterflies, using foam dots on the wings for added dimension.

Thanks for taking the time to take a closer look at my layout, Don’t forget to share your layouts over on our Facebook page, or tag us on Instagram if you’ve played along this month. I am very excited for our new September theme which will be revealed after the bank holiday weekend.

Take care, and stay safe!

Amy x





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...