Sunday 10 September 2017

It will be OK sweetpea | Laura Rumble | Journalling


Hi there, Laura here with my journalling layout.  First though I have some news to share.

I took on the task of setting up UK Scrap Addicts in February/March of this year.  It has come a long way since then but I don't have the energy to continue the work.  The team I have collated are looking to carry on without me.  I want to say a huge thank you to each of them, and the girls who have been a part of the team over the last 6 months how ever briefly, and wish them all the best.  My priority now is my health but hopefully you'll still see me around on facebook and instagram.  It will be ok sweetpea!


I'm not the biggest fan of journalling.  I think it stems from not being very good at English at school and has just hung around and become a thing.  I worry about what people will think when they read what I write.  So I side stepped this months topic and made my journalling unreadable!


I wrote over the top of my words several times.  I got what was inside out and worked it through and I don't have to worry about being marked or judged and I created a really cool background to work on top of!


To add a little raised texture on top of the writing block I used a stencil from this month's sponsor Pretty My Page along with some texture paste.


I added a wood word, a few little wood flowers and some puffy stickers from an old Felicity Jane kit designed by Suse Fish.

You can enjoy the video here: https://youtu.be/oFKXeS1jYbw

Thanks for looking,


1 comment:

  1. I am new to this blog and I love the things that I have seen. I am sorry your health is taking a toll and glad the blog will continue. I was sooooooo sad to read that you think you will be judged on your journalling :( I have a little story too. I felt the same way and said that I scrapped for the creative outlet... not really true because I want my kids and grandkids to know what and who they are all about. I really missed that with my parents passing away when I was very young and because of that I know nothing about my family and the things we did. Then I joined the DT of CSI who are BIG into journalling and like you I was terrified that I would be judged because of my english or my thoughts being all over the place but I tried it once and then again and NOW you can't shut me up and you know what I really don't care what anyone else thinks.. I really don't. I do know that my kids will know how I really felt about them and the special things they did and still do. SO please don't think you will be judged you won't well not by eveyone anyway. <3
    Having said allllllll that. I love the background you created with your journalling it is very cool. take care and look after yourself <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...